Update on local businesses and services * SUBJECT TO CHANGE. I will try and update this information weekly.
OPEN (as of 2 April)
- Village News (813569) - Newspaper delivery continues
- Trussels (812304) - phone your order in advance and collect later. Observe the
- in* and *out* signs on the doors. Open 7AM * 3PM Mon-Sat.
- CO-OP - seems to be restocked regularly although stock levels sometimes low.
Operating a *1 in, 1 out* policy, with queuing outside as needed.
- Post Office
- Jackson*s Garage
- Village Wines * from 1PM every day, different closing times.
- Burgess * phone 0800 174220
- Austin*s * phone 812365
- Lloyds Pharmacy
- Triographics * working *as required* but email [email protected]
- JMI School * for children of *Key Workers* only (as defined by government advice). Parents can email the school directly [email protected]
with any queries.
CLOSED (as of 2 April)
- Lytton Arms - The sale of vegetables outside the pub is also suspended.
- Simmonds Bakery
- Station Pub
- Coasters and Caf?? Verro
- Hairdressers and Nail Bars
- Ming Che Chinese takeaway
- Raja restaurant
- Fish & Chip shop
- Mather Marshall
- Country Properties
- William Hill
- Rainbow Cleaners
- Monread Lodge - closed to non-urgent visits SERVICES & ORGANISATIONS
- GP Surgery - Update seen on Facebook from Knebworth Surgery Practice Manager: *People are contacting us to chase up letters, medical reports etc. In many cases these need to be completed by their GP and at the moment these are taking longer than expected to prepare due to the extreme workload for our doctors. Please do not contact the surgery to chase these up unless it is extremely urgent. The doctors are doing their best but these will take considerably longer to complete. Remember if you are self-isolating and your employer requires a medical certificate then you should use the NHS111 web site to request this. Your GP wil not produce one for you*.
- Trinity, St Martin*s, St Mary*s & St Thomas More Churches * all closed.
Messages from each church will appear on the KCRT website and future newsletters.
- Link Up Lunch Club * suspended
- Garden waste bins and food waste caddies collections * suspended
- Stevenage Recycling Centre * closed
- Weekly Landfill and Recycling collections * operating, but don*t forget to wipe the bin lids with sanitizing gel (if you have it) and wash your hands after the bins have been emptied
- Wine Society, Stevenage * closed and no orders being taken *
- From the Knebworth Park website: *Knebworth House, Park & Gardens will now be closed in compliance with government directive* . Public footpaths are still open. Dogs MUST be on a lead as the herd of deer in the Park includes pregnant females.
- Vanstone Park garden centre. Closed but offering home delivery. Please use the following link as a guide for items currently in stock.
https://www.vanstoneparkgardencentre.co.uk/depar*/gardening/ email your orders including full address & phone number to [email protected]